Tuesday, February 19, 2008

God's faithfulness

Dear all,

This is my first post on this blog and I would really love to give you all a brief introduction to myself. Firstly, I cannot explain who I am omitting God, I hope it becomes evident throughout my writing that my life and His work cannot be separated! He is so amazing, that is the most eloquent way of saying how incredibly blessed I feel overall in my life.

In terms of background, I am a highly sociable person, I love people, talking, writing, music etc... the list goes on. Basically I love to love everything, anything, anyone and get a kick out of seeing joy everywhere. That may sound odd but I dont think there is much point in being so downbeat about life. I am probably one prone to downtimes as well, but these are an area of life that somehow God strengthens us and gives us new and deeper understandings of His mercy and grace.

I just want to pose a question to all reading this... If God is amazing and powerful and awesome and we constantly tell ourselves this and other people, why do we not do anything? Why do we not share with our workmates? Our school friends? Even our best friends?!!!

This is something I am currently thinking through.... I have just finished watching Evan Almighty and oh my gosh! What a MOVIE!!! It really got me thinking about how amazing God is, and even has been in my own life. We have our own ideas and plans about what we are going to do... God just laughs and I imagine he says something along the lines of "I don't think so buddy" or "we'll see about that".

My prayer is that we will all become so engrossed in God that we will care little or none about what people think of us and pronounce the gospel loudly and boldly, without fear of reproach! This is serious business, life and death! And yes! people WILL mock us! They will jeer and laugh at us and call us crazy, brainwashed, deadbeats, in need of a crutch, etc... but what are these things in light of eternity! They are cheap distractions and jokes!

Let's wake up together :)

God bless all and I hope that my written thoughts will be fruitful and spoken as the Lord would wish them and please correct me at any stage if you feel I have said something inappropriate or incorrect.

your sister in Christ,
Teneke Newport

No comments: